Public Relations Consultant
The Dorothy Rider Pool Health Care Trust and The Rider-Pool Foundation
Who We Are:
The Dorothy Rider Pool Health Care Trust serves as a resource that enables Lehigh Valley Health Network to be a superior regional hospital and improve the health of the citizens of the region it serves. The Rider-Pool Foundation’s mission is to improve the quality of life in the community, to build on the community’s strengths and add to its vitality, and to increase the capacity of the community to serve the needs of all its citizens.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a professional, creative, energetic and personable public relations expert who knows how to craft powerful stories and build relationships with key media, influencers, the community and colleagues to increase our organization’s awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years of experience in Public Relations
- Knowledge of nonprofits, health care a plus
- Well-organized, able to work with deadlines
- An analytical mind with attention to detail
- Outgoing and confident
- Self-motivated with a solid work ethic; desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, flexible, team-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous projects
- High level of professional integrity and ability to handle sensitive issues and situations with discretion
- Superb writing and editing skills and a strong sense of narrative and story-telling
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Computer savvy; working knowledge of databases and design software is a plus (WordPress)
You’ll be responsible for:
- Drafting and distributing content such as releases, editorials, newsletters
- Sourcing stories ideas from the organization and pitching them to ideal outlets
- Identifying influencers (like bloggers and others with a social media presence) and creating relationships and engagement opportunities with them
- Keeping tabs on current news, relevant stories and looking for opportunities for us to engage
- Developing and maintaining press materials (press kit, fact sheets, spokesperson bios, topic areas, etc.)
- Providing spokesperson training and crafting talking points when necessary
- Maintaining a website
- Creating and posting blog and social media content
- Engaging multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and assessing the usefulness of additional platforms
This is a part-time contracted position of about 15-20 hours a week. We’re open to a flexible work schedule, and working remotely at times, while you spend a dedicated amount of time in our Allentown, PA office.
How to Apply:
Submit an electronic application including cover letter, resume, references, and two PR-related writing samples (a pitch email, or press release) at:
We will review applications as they are received and get in touch with you if we are interested.
No phone calls.
The Dorothy Rider Pool Health Care Trust and The Rider-Pool Foundation are equal opportunity employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. The organizations do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.