Health Care Council of the Lehigh Valley
Download the 2016 Road to Health Report here (PDF file) – HCC 2016 CHNA Health Profile
Formed in 2011, the Health Care Council of the Lehigh Valley originated due to the Affordable Care Act, which stipulated that starting in 2013 all nonprofit hospitals and health care systems are required to conduct a Community Health Needs Assessment every three years.
The Road to Health Report combines statistics from local, state, and national resources about disease, the environment, social factors, and individual behaviors with input from area residents gathered through three focus groups in Lehigh and Northampton Counties. The Dorothy Rider Pool Health Care Trust provided funding for the HCC and the report.
The report focuses primarily on factors that impact health such as individual behaviors and habits, relationships, work, income, housing, education, and access to health care.
Members of HCCLV are:
• City of Allentown Health Bureau
• City of Bethlehem Health Bureau
• The Dorothy Rider Pool Health Care Trust
• Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
• Lehigh Valley Health Network
• Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley
• Sacred Heart Health Care System
• St. Luke’s University Health Network